Places to Go to During Summer Break

Gabi B., Middle School Editor

What are you doing for summer break? Summer break is a time to take off of school and enjoy your freedom. It is a time to relax and do what you want. Whether it is laying in bed watching Netflix or traveling. If you are looking for somewhere exotic to go, I have some places for you. There are options from hot to cold depending on if you want a de-stressing tropical place to go to or if you would be interested in going to a chilly, cooler place.

Some options of wintery places you could go to is Aspen, French Alps, Vail, Canada, Mammoth and Utah. If you like to ski or snowboard, I would recommend these places because they have great snow and beautiful mountains. Mammoth usually does not have snow in the summertime, but this year it will so I would take advantage of that rare opportunity. The French Alps is located in Europe and is very unique and different. Their mountains are very tall and cool. Besides from that, Aspen is personally one of my favorite places to go to because of the homey vibe and the smell of its sweet fresh air. They have great skiing and fast lines. On the other hand, if you want to go somewhere warm, there are plenty of choices. 

A few exotic places you could go to is Hawaii, Anguilla, Palm springs, Cancun, Mexico, Bora Bora and the Bahamas. All of these are extremely nice in their own way. Hawaii is always great to go to because of the gorgeous view and different islands you could visit. It doesn’t get much better than laying next to palm trees to swimming in crystal clear turquoise water. There is so much to do in all of these places such as snorkeling, zip lining, paddle boarding, visiting the beach and getting a good tan, sailing and so much more. The special thing about going to a tropical place is that there are so many water activities that we cannot do here.

If vacation is not an option for you, no need to worry there are so many other things to do. Hanging out with friends and family is always fun. Getting a few weeks to chill and spend time with people you care about is never boring. When is a better time to visit the beach than in summer break? A great thing to do during summer break at home would be to go to the beach. What’s better than embracing the sun, sinking your feet in the tickling white sand and splashing in the fresh ocean? Some beautiful beaches to go to in Orange County are Corona Del Mar Beach, Emerald Bay, Crystal Cove and Laguna. Corona Del Mar is very busy as there are lots of people playing volleyball. Emerald Bay is an extremely pretty beach that is private. Crystal Cove is nice because it is big and has different beaches to it. Also, Laguna’s best beach to go to would be Diver’s Cove because of the bright blue water.