Sexual Predator Kevin Spacey

Isabella Shulman, Editor in Chief

Recently, famous child actor Anthony Rapp accused Kevin Spacey of sexual assault in an interview with Buzzfeed News Publications. The actor says he was 14 when the alleged attempted sexual advance occurred with a then 26 year old Spacey. Rapp had been acting in a broadway play at the time and was invited to a party at Spacey’s apartment. After everyone had left, Rapp claims, Spacey had picked him up, placed him on the bed, and then proceeded to climb on top of him. Shortly after the interview was published, Spacey posted a response via twitter apologizing for his drunken behavior and also coming out as a gay man. Almost immediately LGBT stars have attacked Spacey for weaponizing coming out as a gay man by attempting to divert serious claims of unwanted, non consensual sexual advances towards a minor. Since the news has come out, many other men have also come forward with their own stories of sexual misconduct committed by Spacey. Mexican actor Robert Cavazos took to Facebook to share his story of when Spacey had made unwanted sexual advances toward him at the Old Vic Theater in London where Spacey had been the artistic director for 11 years. Filmmaker Tony Montana told Radar that Spacey had groped him in a bar in Los Angeles in 2003 and an unnamed man recalled an incident with BBC reporter Victoria Derbyshire, when he had woken up to find Spacey had wrapped his arms around him while partially naked. Eight current and former employees of Netflix’s hit show House of Cards have also recently alleged to CNN that Spacey had repeatedly harassed male crew members. Another man has since come forward stating Spacey had tried to pursue a relationship with the then 14 year old unnamed man which ended in attempted rape. In response to these accusations against Spacey, Netflix has suspended production on the latest season of House of Cards and it has been reported that Spacey’s agency and publicist have dropped him.