Steve Scalise Shooting

Victoria E.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/us/steve-scalise-congress-shot-alexandria-virginia.html

Steve Scalise, a Republican Senator from Louisiana, was shot by a lone gunman on June 14th, 2017. He was practicing for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity that was taking place the following day. Steve Scalise has a wife Jennifer, and two children. The shooter was presumed to be Liberal and shooting for political reasons. Steve Scalise was struck in the left hip and then army crawled to safety as the shooting continued. He was rushed to the hospital and was immediately operated on. He was in critical condition as he fought for his life. The bullet broke his bones, caused internal bleeding and organ damage. Senator Paul Ryan said to the American people, “For all the noise and all the fury, we are one family {…}” and brought the American people together under this tragedy.

This posed the bigger issue of extremists from the alt left and their capability of going to extreme lengths to get their point heard. The shooter, according to his brother, “Did not like the way things were going” therefore he took it upon himself to change things. The shooter was also known to be a Bernie Sanders supporter, who condemned this vile act of evil. Luckily, Mr. Scalise prevailed and is back in congress.

1 Comment

One Response to “Steve Scalise Shooting”

1. Jay Bernstein on November 8th, 2017 9:26 am

This is such a sad event. Thank you for taking the time to talk about it.

[Reply]

*

Steve Scalise Shooting