The iPhone X vs. the iPhone 8: What’s the difference?

Fiona Batstone, Writer

Apple has announced two new iPhones that have shocked the world, the iPhone X and the iPhone 8. One difference is the design of the two phones, the iPhone X has a completely different screen. In order to have more space on the screen, Apple decided to ditch the home button and the top bezels in order so that the phone could have a sleeker-looking screen. The iPhone 8 still has the same screen size as the iPhone 7 and 7 plus. Apple also decided to make the resolution on the iPhone X the highest ever on an iPhone, with a 2K (2960 x 1440) resolution.

Another major difference between the two is the camera: “the iPhone X has a 12 megapixel telephoto lens which enables 2x optical zoom. This is great for zooming in on photos in good light and should be better than the dual camera on the iPhone 8 Plus as it has a faster aperture and optical image stabilisation” says Forbes. Both iPhones have portait mode on the back camera, but Apple also added portrait mode on the front-facing camera on the iPhone X. Lastly the iPhone 8 comes in gold, silver, and space gray and costs up to $849, whereasthe iPhone X only comes in silver and space gray and costs up to $1,149.

Both phones are great, but to get the new iPhone X design you are going to be spending a lot more than on the iPhone 8.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/09/17/apple-iphone-x-vs-iphone-8-new-iphones-whats-the-difference-upgrade-guide/#2937bcbc10af