Internet Trolls (Satire)

Romi G., Guest Writer

As a society that lives in the twenty-first century, young people have been coming out of the closet and sharing their sexuality to the world. As of 2011, 23 percent of the American population is part of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer + community. That means that almost 1 in 4 people identify with the community every year. The problem is that only 4 percent come out to the world, because they are afraid of the judgments that people would make and say. Nowadays, people use their computers and phones to communicate. Having the access to the social media and internet 24/7 can cause problems throughout the LGBTQ+ community.

Hiding behind the computer screen and posting things that you wouldn’t say out loud, could end up hurting both the poster and viewer. There are individuals out in the world who say before they think and use their devices to post their comments  on the web for everyone to see, but there are also people who use their computer to come out as gay or bisexual, or anything else you may identify as, which in my perspective is not the right way to do it. People are mean and can do things and say things, this resulted in  a lot of hate crimes over the years for the LGBT community. In 2005, they were the second most discriminated against group of people, under the Jews. After researching a little deeper, I found that in 2014 they were the first most discriminated against community. This leads to some problems, because you could get hurt for advertising your sexuality, which makes you feel alone in this big world, and no one should feel alone.

The LGBTQ+ community is being judged so often over the internet that it is just painful to watch. Along with the LGBTQ+ hate, there is also cyber bullying happening on social media as well. Someone who is you friend at school, could go on Instagram or Facebook and post a revealing picture of you that can be embarrassing , or a mean comment on something you posted. People can be mean online because it’s not directly to the victim, it’s through a screen. A test was taken in the University of Psychology with 12 college students. Those 12 students said that they have been bullied online or by  someone online at least once in their life.

So to fix this problem, every electronic device will come with an ‘Internet Troll’. These trolls will sit in your closet and be able to tell when your computer or phone clicks onto social media. He will sit over your shoulder to see what you are doing. If it sees that you are trying to write or post a mean comment, it will eat you.

It will hit your computer with its hammer, trying to break it. These 5 foot tall trolls will have the ability to do a few things: hammer your device, turn off the phone or computer, throws your computer out the window and worst comes to worst he will throw you out your window with the computer or phone. It’s like the disabling password for the iPhone. The troll will give you chances before it freaks out and kills you. Let’s say that at home you have an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, and an iPod touch,every device will come with a troll, even if you have one already. You troll can also help with other problems for example, your social life! If you don’t have any friends, then Internet Troll will be your best friend! He will play with you and hug you from morning to night. If you have a computer virus, Internet troll is there to help! He will clean the bug and you’ll have itI back in no time at all! The Internet troll is used for many things plus, it stops the posting of hate comments on social networks! (Option 1)

So to fix this problem, every electronic device will come with an ‘Internet Troll’. These trolls will sit in your closet and be able to tell when your computer or phone clicks onto social media. He will sit over your should to see what you are doing. If it sees that you are trying to write or post a mean comment, it will eat you.

The trolls are designed so that it won’t bother you until you log onto your device/s. Internet Troll is like a disabled password,. iIf you try your luck with posting mean comments more than three times, the troll will finish you off as if you were never there at all. The first few times you write about your sexual gender preferences or put a horrible picture of someone else that wasn’t intended to make it to Facebook, your troll will eat a small chunk of your body; first an arm, then a leg, then you’re completely gone. You troll can also help with other problems for example, your social life! If you don’t have any friends, then Internet Troll will be your best friend! He will play with you and hug you from morning to night. If you have a computer virus, Internet troll is there to help! He will clean the bug and you’ll have I back in no time at all! The Internet troll is used for many things plus stop the posting of  anti-hate comments on social networks! (Option 2)

Some people might think that the idea is crazy. I mean having a troll sit in your closet? Insane, but for now no one is thinking of a better idea! Your social media-blocking apps may prevent the viewer from seeing it, but others could see it and tell them or they could see it on someone else’s device. Hate comments and LGBTQ hate is overseen. It still causes suicide, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and lots of other sicknesses. These trolls can help in more ways than one. First, I will prevent bad, mean, or inappropriate things to go up into the internet world. You know what they say, “As soon as it’s up there, it’s there forever.”

In addition to preventing things from going up on the internet that shouldn’t be there, it will also prevent bullying.  Students get bullied online all the time, it is called cyber bullying. Hiding behind your computer to write mean comments to a person can hurt more than in person because the bully has no brakes. No one to stop him or prevent him from doing what he wants to do. The bully also doesn’t see the effect on the person that they are bullying. The victim could be reading the comment and going to hurt themselves because they aren’t good enough for the world, when in theory he or she is not perfect for you. It’s the bully’s fault. And the trolls can stop him or her from writing the comment by eating them.

The troll can do a lot more than watch you on social media. It can also be your friend. Play with you, listen to you, and talk to you. The troll can also help you in many different things. For example, homework; If you’re stuck on a math problem, it can help you figure out what to do to solve it. Or it can edit your English essay for Mrs. Smallwood’s class and make sure everything is grammatically correct and easy to read.

The troll has so many advantages. Yes, he may take up a little bit of space and get annoying sometimes, but the trolls would make our live on the internet so much easier and nicer to be on. Maybe my idea is crazy, but it will be the thing that stops all internet hate. Nothing else is working or effective so the trolls will help students keep their feelings to themselves, at least over the internet. When you get on your computer, automatically your troll is next to you and if you do or write something bad, you’re out; gone!