Ever Wondered Why Mrs. Smallwood Is Such A Good Cheerleader: Satire

A woman with brown hair, wearing a yellow and blue cheerleader uniform, white with yellow sneakers, smirks as she holds two yellow pompoms on her hands

Tali R, Sports Editor

Ever wondered why Mrs. Smallwood is such a good chearleader? Here is your answer. She used to work at Cirque Du Soleil. It all started about a billion years ago when the dinosaurs were still roaming, and Mrs. Smallwood was still front flipping. Tarbut V’Torah Community Day School comes into the picture much later. Michele started practicing at age 7, just a teeny little child; she had her splits down to the ground, and her technique was on point, just like her feet. By the age of 13, Michele was already performing ballet in front hundreds of people, and practicing tumbling. Then, she noticed something… She did not actually want to do ballet, that gave her too many blisters, she wanted to continue showing her talents through tumbling. And that was when her career as an amazing cheerleader began. Michele was about to enter reality, just a 15 year old auditioning for some of the best circuses around the world. After going on tour for a few years with a small circus traveling around Europe, 18 had struck, and she wanted to start a real career, the kind that let’s you do bigger, better, and scarier flips. So, the day came, the day that Michele was finally going to try to get into Cirque Du Soleil. She had gone all the way to France to be able to perform in the next show. During auditions Michele leaped, cartwheeled, flipped, and dazzled in front of the directors. These 50 year olds were sitting, and staring at this fantastic 18 year old. They did not even need to go through the rest of the competitors; right away, they knew that Michele was the right person for the leading acrobat for the next performance. The next day, Michele flew back to Long Beach to tell her family about the job she had just landed (and yes, just because the dinosaurs were roaming doesn’t mean that airplanes couldn’t fly). 2 weeks later, Michele was in Italy training for the new best performance of the year. Michele was training everyday, for 8 hours. From climbing up a rope, to hanging from one, Michele was having fun while trying super hard. And 7 months later when the first show was about to begin. All the dinosaurs had gathered together with her family, and the show had begun. Dramatic music turned on, the lights dimmed, and Michele slowly walked on stage; all of a sudden she began doing all sorts of flips. Everybody’s eyes were open wide, people were cheering, and all of this commotion went on for about another hour and a half. When the show was over, Michele got all the attention she wanted; a bunch of the people from the audience went backstage to do a short meet and greet with the rest of the performers.

Now a long time ago, Michele had made a resume for small college jobs. Obviously that did not work out because look where she is now (circus performer). But one day, a new school by the name of TVT decided to look at her resume. “Performer at Cirque Du Soleil, ballet student, 25 years old.” Perfect, thought Papa Gelman, and it was now that Mrs. Smallwood was a teacher at Tarbut V’Torah. And so the boring part began, teaching.

J.K. Happy Purim!!! (Mrs. Smallwood was always set out to be a teacher)