Which Disneyland? Anaheim or Paris?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Which Disneyland? Anaheim or Paris?

Hope H, TVT Trends

Ever wonder what it would be like if you could walk in Walt Disney’s footsteps? Or go on a new adventure in a foreign country? If you have ever wondered whether it’s better to go to Disneyland in California or Disneyland in Paris, then you have come to the right place.

Each one has pros and cons. Disneyland California park is much bigger, with rides for almost every age. Disneyland California also has California Adventure which gives people a wider variety of rides, games, restaurants, and characters. Whenever I go to Disneyland California, everyone that I meet is so friendly and kind. The location of Disneyland California, in Anaheim, is a very good location because it is in the middle of LA and San Diego and also near the Angels Stadium. The parade and fireworks have always wowed me! Once when I had gone to Disneyland California, I got to go on a tour. On the tour, they talked about where Walt Disney had created his lands, what he had done to make the park the way it is and why he had made the park. Disneyland California is the only Disneyland park that has “Club 33”. Club 33 is a private lounge with exclusive list of members, a 5-star meal, and an amazing view.

Although Disneyland California has a lot of benefits, they also have some things like could work on like their food. It’s not great. Merchandise is extremely overpriced. Another thing is that whenever I go to Disneyland there is always super long lines and the only way you could go faster is if you do a fast pass or single rider, but that doesn’t work for all rides. Whenever I go to Disneyland, California it is extremely crowded. Finally, if you would like to go to Disneyland, you may need to think about the price, the cost of a ticket is upwards of $95.

Disneyland may seem amazing, but let’s compare it to Disneyland Paris. Although Disneyland Paris looks like Disneyland California, they are not the same which is really nice because why to go to Paris just to go to a Disneyland that resembles the one near home? Unlike Disneyland in California, it’s not crowded at all!  Also, there are very short lines because there aren’t too many people there. A great perk is that tickets are a lot cheaper at Disneyland Paris! One ticket costs $62.  Like every other place, there are pros and cons to Disneyland Paris. One of the cons is that it is not the best location. When I had gone there I remember that it was a little bit far from the center of Paris. I also remember that when we were at Disneyland Paris, there was not a big variety of restaurants. Another drawback is that Disneyland Paris is pretty small–you could go on every ride (depending on the length of lines) in a few hours. Since its 25th anniversary, Disneyland Paris is adding more rides and attractions, but many are closed until the reopening. 

Even though they both are called Disneyland, the Anaheim California location and the Paris, France location could not be more different. Here’s a look at the rides in California’s Disneyland:

Rides:

• Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
  • Autopia
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • ‘it’s a small world’
  • Indiana Jones
  • Pinocchio
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Space Mountain Mission 1
  • Star Tours
  • Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups
  • Big Thunder Mountain

Overall I think the best one is Disneyland California because that is the original Disneyland it is bigger, and even though it is a lot more crowded, it is worth all of the long waits in lines and crowded areas.  Disneyland Paris is smaller, in a foreign place so not everyone speaks English, and since their 25 year anniversary is coming up they’ve closed down a lot of the rides so you’re not getting the full experience until after they are done. I really like that in Disneyland Paris the Mainstreet looks so similar. Honestly,  I want to go back to both of them and I recommend both!

.